Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Davy had it right


Well the inevitable has happened. I am moving back to Texas. The house was on the market for 5 days and a couple was nice enough to buy it. They were also nice enough to want to close in 4 weeks... effectively sending my life into a turmoil and making myself and everyone around me a little crazy.

Tennessee and I had a good run though, two and a half years, 3 jobs, zero dates, a few good friends, zero dates, maybe 3 celebrity spottings, 12 months of an eye-illness probably brought on by nashville dust, zero dates, I threw up twice, a healthier life outlook, stress over being 25 and single, probably lost 5-6 friends simply due to location and time, too much coffee/vitamins/beer, a half-ironman, a marathon, two HBW+L family reunions, 2 trips to Maine, zero dates, 18 months of school, 12 Wheaton people moving to mid-TN, tons of cute girls(TN cute not TX cute, had to clarify per Nick's request), talked to maybe 3 of them, probably a me problem, 20 or so games of Catan, quit eating pork, zero dates, accidentally ate pork like a week ago, just saw a girl across the coffee shop, I'm gonna talk to her, What if she's the one? What do I have to loose? What if I talk to her and its an instant connection? Would I stay in TN if she's the one? Probably so. Time to make it 4. Ok here goes...

....

....

chickened out. Davy Crockett had it right. zero dates


4 comments:

  1. Ok....so I just saw he died and thought that you wrote this after he died....but...he died today and you wrote this yesterday...did you know he was sick or something?! If not....please don't ever write about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you should have put in here is what then US Rep Crockett said to congress: "You all can go to Hell, I'm going to Texas." Best quote ever. RIP Davy. I can't believe Tyler killed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Tyler, remember what HAPPENED to the real Davy when he left Tennessee for Texas... just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. see also:

    http://shop.cafepress.com/Davy-Crockett?cmp=knc--g--us--pol--gifts--search-b--Davy%20Crockett_gifts&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=Politics%20Gifts%20-%20US&utm_content=search-b&utm_term=Davy%20Crockett-gifts&gclid=CM36tv3O1KACFRWdnAodBSxnrg

    I think you need the bumper sticker!

    ReplyDelete